Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Large Birthday Party!




I (Stayce) am such a sucker! I know I shouldn't post words like that but it is true. So Kymbal was supposed to only have a surprise family party, but when I broke the news to her that she wasn't going to have a party she was heartbroken. I gave in! I told her she could have 4 friends (does that look like 4?). She begged for more, I stood firm (can you tell). Well kind of firm I told her, when she was practicing her spelling, that she could invite one more person for every word she got correct on her practice test. She got all 4 right. Now she could invite 8 friends. We made up some invitations and printed them of the computer. They printed 6 invitations to a sheet so in order to get 8 invitations we had to print two sheets which gave her 12 invitations. I printed them and sent her off to school to cut them apart and pass them out. I missed a phone call at about 8:30 a.m. it was Kymbal asking if she should pass out 8 invitations or all 12. Well she passed out all 12 and forgot one of her good friends. I caved again she got to invite one more friend. So 13 kids at her party! Wow! They watched "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" so I made her a spaghetti and meatballs cake. It was fun to make and really yummy!

2 comments:

Lacey Jane said...

You're SUCH a cute mom... and that cake! Looks amazing!

Happy birthday Janer!

Michele said...

Talk about clever--I loved the cake you made!!! Enjoyed your cute explanation of the big party--thanks for the good laugh!